Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Is this real life? The Chronicles of a senior

I have exactly 39 days until I graduate from college and I have no idea what I'm doing. This is every college grads worst nightmare and I'm surprisingly okay with it. Normally, I am the type of person who plans my entire life out even for habitual tasks like eating and sleeping. Maybe it's the lack of free time and lack of sleep but I'm okay with not knowing exactly where i'll be 6 months from now. It's not like i'm not making the attempt to apply to jobs and grad schools, I've done all theses tasks. Currently I am in the awkward waiting stage. I feel like a bait in water waiting for something or anything to bite. This is a lot of pressure! Why did my adolescent self want to grow up so quickly? Every time my friends and family see me they say "I can't believe how grown up you are!" or "Your not our little girl anymore." Then I respond with "Is this real life?" Mostly because I can't believe in just a few weeks I'll be leaving my home for the past four year into this kinda scary unknown. Wish me luck, with fingers and toes crossed ;)

To add some humor to my situation...

When people ask me if I've found a job yet...


Until next time...

Dahlia J. 

1 comment: